Which business would you choose to contact given the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or NotaryNick@gmail.com?
In a recent Verisign survey, 65% of consumers believe a company branded email address is more credible than a business using a generic/free email address . Below are the top five reasons to brand your email;
1. Give the right first impression
2. Create a 'bigger' image
3. Build credibility and trust
4. It's inexpensive and easy
5. Promote brand awareness
How to setup a web site domain and email through Google
1. Visit google.com/domains (As of 2023, Google domains is now part of Squarespace) and purchase a new domain name. Your first choice should be a '.com' address.
2. If you already have a web site, forward your new domain name to the web site. Your current web site provider will have specific instructions available to link your Google domain.
3. If you would like to redirect this new domain to another page (facebook business page, Instagram page, etc.);
Within Squarespace, select your domain name.
Forward to an existing webpage on the right side.
For the Website URL field to forward to, enter the web site address you would like to forward the domain name to. This could be something like www.facebook.com/MyBusinessName and select the Forward button.
4. Setup your email addresses under your newly acquired domain name within Squarespace.
5. Setup your Gmail account to be able to send and receive emails using your new domain name-based email addresses. This will allow you to communicate via email as your business and maintain a professional appearance.
6. Enable 2-Step Verification on your Gmail account;
Login to your Gmail account. This will be your main account you access most, you will be able to access your personal and business emails in one place.
In Gmail, click your username or user icon in the upper right corner to access the user menu. Access your Google Account.